- Follow Marion Sidebottom Artist in Residence Epping Forest on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 24th July 2017 – Thank you! July 24, 2017
- 5th July 2017 Exhibition is Almost here! July 5, 2017
- Beeches of Flagstaff Hill in Epping Forest May 31, 2017
- Search for the Aeroplane Tree on Pole Hill April 29, 2017
- Deer Shelter Plain April 21, 2017
- Morning at Barn Hoppitt, Epping Forest April 11, 2017
- Reflections in Epping Forest March 5, 2017
- Ancient Oaks at Epping Forest February 27, 2017
Category Archives: Ancient Tree
I would like to say a huge thank you to all those people who attended my ‘Ancient Trees of Epping Forest’ exhibition during July at the Queen Elizabeth Hunting Lodge. I had some very positive feedback and enjoyed showing people … Continue reading
Back in April I was introduced to ‘Big Bill’ which is an important keystone tree at Flagstaff Hill, near High Beech in Epping Forest. This is an impressive tall and straight pollarded Beech which is used for training arborists in climbing and health … Continue reading
This week I met with a lady called Cheryl at Pole Hill who used to play there as a child in the 1960s. Pole Hill is in Chingford and sits on the border between Greater London and Essex in line with the … Continue reading
Ultra wide angle shot for a bit of creative photography
A bit of research at Epping Forest this week, love this old oak at Barn Hoppitt. You can actually crawl right through it underneath!
This lime tree in Norfolk is refusing to give up!
An ancient hollow oak with a twist, taken in Sherwood Forest.
This is one of my favourite iconic British trees Colour version on 500px
Weathered and beaten over 900 years this dead oak tree resembles a wizened old man. See more of these images in my Ebook, just £3.99 for a download from Blurb
My art installation at Writtle School of Design included a dead Beech tree with roots, 180 litres of compost, 15 metres of hessian, 8 mixed media canvases, a book of the original photographs of the Mundon Dead Oaks (called The … Continue reading