- Follow Marion Sidebottom Photographer & Artist on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2019 in Pictures & a Look Forward to 2020 December 18, 2019
- Art on the Quay, Burnham-on-Crouch June 29, 2018
- Last few days of Ancient Trees & People of Epping Forest Exhibition March 29, 2018
- Ancient Trees & People of Epping Forest Photography Competition March 19, 2018
- Ancient Trees & the People of Epping Forest Exhibition News February 22, 2018
- Merry Christmas from Epping Forest December 24, 2017
- Tree Stories of Epping Forest November 23, 2017
- The Forest is Changing… September 27, 2017
Category Archives: Ancient
You have until midnight on Sunday 1st April 2018 to enter the ‘Ancient Trees & People of Epping Forest’ photography competition. Details below. ANCIENT TREES & THE PEOPLE OF EPPING FOREST EXHIBITION COMPETITION Submit an image of yourself, family, friends … Continue reading
The landscape and trees of Epping Forest are always changing. Seasonal changes are the most obvious and I’m sure I’m not alone in looking forward to the vibrant colours that are coming with the Autumn. Sadly there are also physical … Continue reading
I would like to say a huge thank you to all those people who attended my ‘Ancient Trees of Epping Forest’ exhibition during July at the Queen Elizabeth Hunting Lodge. I had some very positive feedback and enjoyed showing people … Continue reading
Back in April I was introduced to ‘Big Bill’ which is an important keystone tree at Flagstaff Hill, near High Beech in Epping Forest. This is an impressive tall and straight pollarded Beech which is used for training arborists in climbing and health … Continue reading
This week I met with a lady called Cheryl at Pole Hill who used to play there as a child in the 1960s. Pole Hill is in Chingford and sits on the border between Greater London and Essex in line with the … Continue reading
Ultra wide angle shot for a bit of creative photography
A bit of research at Epping Forest this week, love this old oak at Barn Hoppitt. You can actually crawl right through it underneath!
This oriental plane tree (Platanus orientalis) is one of two located just outside the Renaissance gardens and arboretum of Trsteno in Croatia. They are thought to be approximately 500 years old and have a colourful history including helping to save … Continue reading
This tree won England’s tree of the year in 2014 and I can see why. It is situated in the beautiful Sherwood Forest in Nottinghamshire.
This is one of my favourite iconic British trees Colour version on 500px
Tree graffiti in Epping Forest in Essex.
An ancient oak tree gradually inclines over the centuries in Suffolk, UK.