- Follow Marion Sidebottom Artist in Residence Epping Forest on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- The Forest is Changing… September 27, 2017
- Up High on Pole Hill with the Conservation Arborists September 15, 2017
- 24th July 2017 – Thank you! July 24, 2017
- 5th July 2017 Exhibition is Almost here! July 5, 2017
- Beeches of Flagstaff Hill in Epping Forest May 31, 2017
- Search for the Aeroplane Tree on Pole Hill April 29, 2017
- Deer Shelter Plain April 21, 2017
- Morning at Barn Hoppitt, Epping Forest April 11, 2017
Category Archives: Hollow Tree
The landscape and trees of Epping Forest are always changing. Seasonal changes are the most obvious and I’m sure I’m not alone in looking forward to the vibrant colours that are coming with the Autumn. Sadly there are also physical … Continue reading
Back in April I was introduced to ‘Big Bill’ which is an important keystone tree at Flagstaff Hill, near High Beech in Epping Forest. This is an impressive tall and straight pollarded Beech which is used for training arborists in climbing and health … Continue reading
A bit of research at Epping Forest this week, love this old oak at Barn Hoppitt. You can actually crawl right through it underneath!
An ancient hollow oak with a twist, taken in Sherwood Forest.
Weathered and beaten over 900 years this dead oak tree resembles a wizened old man. See more of these images in my Ebook, just £3.99 for a download from Blurb